Old School Enterprises, llc

Home Feedback Contents Search

The Old School

Home
 

With the bond issues for building the new school, the School District got approval of a $100,000 bond for demolition of the old school complex.  Many local citizens expressed a desire to keep the historic buildings as a centerpiece of the town.  In 1996 Liz Gupton formed the Old School Enterprises, Limited Partnership, in an attempt to purchase the property to prevent demolition.  After long and convoluted negotiations Old School Enterprises, lp gained ownership in 1998, with a mission of preventing demolition, halting deterioration, returning the buildings to beneficial use, maintaining historical characteristics, and keeping the facility available for public use.

In 2006 the buildings were all in use with the exception of the original 1915 building.  Old School Enterprises, lp had succeeded to this point, but was under-capitalized to complete the mission with any speed.  A potential buyer expressed interest in furthering the same mission and financing the effort by construction on the vacant land comprising about a third of the property.  Old School Enterprises, lp sold the property to that buyer by financing most of the sale.  The buyer’s plans failed and the property ownership reverted to Old School Enterprises, lp in January of 2009.

 

Send mail to oldschool@blackfoot.net with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2009 Old School Enterprises, lp
Last modified: January 15,2019