Old School Enterprises, llc

Home Feedback Contents Search

Phase II

Home
Up

The second building in the complex is a one level solid brick building built in 1925.  Originally this building housed classrooms in the front part and a gymnasium.  Later the front part was remodeled as a cafeteria.  The gymnasium was modified by the WPA in the 1930s by lowering the playing floor. 

All of this building was in use by the school system until 1995.  From 1998 through 2006 , under ownership of Old School Enterprises, lp, repairs to the building included installing heating and cooling systems, painting, replacing windows, and installing ramps for ADA compliance.  The front part was renovated in 1996 and served as a kitchen and meeting place for the Superior Senior Citizens Center, the local Food Bank, and a youth center sponsored by the Mineral County Community Foundation.   The photo at right shows a back view of the gymnasium.

In 2005 the front part was again renovated to approved codes as a commercial kitchen and restaurant including new plumbing, walk in cooler, vent hood, fire suppression system, and updated heating/cooling system.  In 2005 it became Rosie’s Café, a restaurant and catering service Currently occupied by Whipped Up Montana, a restaurant, event, and catering service.
The gymnasium was made available to the public at nominal, sometimes no, cost for large gatherings and functions.  Over the years these included weddings, birthday parties, funeral services, October-fests, craft fairs, dinner meetings, and haunted houses.  A lessee also at one time offered  Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi, and other exercise classes.
 

Send mail to oldschool@blackfoot.net with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2009 Old School Enterprises, lp
Last modified: January 15,2019